Lydiate Learning Trust are an active member of the Holy Rosary Teaching School Alliance.
Holy Rosary Teaching School Alliance grew from the Maghull and District Community of School (MADCOS). Deyes High School, the sponsor school for Lydiate Learning Trust is an active member of the group and was instrumental in setting up this network.
Holy Rosary Primary School is the Lead Teaching School; however, the alliance has Strategic Partner schools within Sefton of which Deyes High (LLT) is one and a large number of alliance members.
Teaching schools are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system. Collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. The alliance delivers support for other schools in their wider network to:
- Train new entrants to the profession alongside other partners including universities
- Lead peer to peer learning
- Spot and nurture leadership potential
- Provide support for other schools
- Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) – there are 22 SLEs within the Alliance offering expertise in a range of specialisms
- Engage in research and development
- Organise and broker a wide range of training opportunities and activities to support school improvement
For more information about the Alliance, please click here.